Scanner

Scanner

Thursday, 13 July 2017

Tasmania's New Goverment Radio Network

https://www.itnews.com.au/news/tasmania-breaks-gridlock-on-unified-emergency-comms-network-467980

"Tasmania’s long-awaited whole-of-government emergency services network overhaul will finally go to market next year to replace the kaleidoscope of separate networks used across the state.
The Tasmanian government radio network program (TasGRN) has been on the cards since 2005 as a means to unite the four separate emergency services networks operated by Tasmanian police, SES, ambulance, and firefighters."


My take: Finally they have taken some action to make this happen. The move from 800MHz will help improve coverage and the cost savings of running a single network will pay back in the long term. I am glad I have the UBCD436PT which will most likely trunk this network, my bet is a APCO25 Phase 2 network.

As this develops I will continue to post updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment